Posted by Joey Watkins, LINGOs LMS Administrator and IT Support
Hello LINGOs Members!
You may or may not have noticed, Elluminate Live is now Blackboard Collaborate, and with that is a whole new interface for conducting your online meetings.
- New audio/video panel – It now appears at the top of the interface, and includes features such as speaker photo display, easier access to the audio setup wizard, and easier access to your video.
- Drop-down menus on each interface panel – These give participants easier access to options for each panel.
- Whiteboard/application sharing/web tour toolbar – More easily launch the whiteboard, application sharing, and web tour features.
- Page explorer – This feature allows moderators to view thumbnails of the slide deck, rearrange the slides, and includes a private work area.
- Enhanced chat – Chat now includes new emoticons, as well as tabbed viewing of private messages, and separate moderator chat.
Your next question is probably, “When do we get this?” The answer is, “You have it now!” When scheduling your Collaborate sessions, click the “Default Fields” button on the left. Then you’ll see the option to choose “v10” (Elluminate Live) or “v11” (Blackboard Collaborate).
To assist you in learning about the new version of Blackboard Collaborate, LINGOs has scheduled four training sessions so far to show you around the new interface. The participant links to join the sessions can be found in the LINGOs Events below:
- September 8, 2011 at 12:00 pm EDT
- September 22, 2011 at 8:00 am EDT
- October 20, 2011 at 12:00 pm EDT
- October 27, 2011 at 8:00 am EDT
We encourage you to set up some test sessions on your own to play around and become familiar with the new version of Blackboard Collaborate. We will continue to support Elluminate Live v10 through December 31, 2011. Starting on January 1, 2012 Blackboard Collaborate v11 will become the default version for the LINGOs Collaborate licenses.
Now you may be asking, “Where can I find resources on using Blackboard Collaborate v11?” We have information available on our LINGOs site at http://ngolearning.org/learningtools/collaborate. Blackboard also has an extensive support site at http://support.blackboardcollaborate.com/. There are lots of good resources including a knowledge base, product documentation, and recorded sessions to get you started using Collaborate v11.